System Center Configuration Manager
System Center Configuration Manager also known as Config Mgr or SCCM is part of Microsoft Endpoint Manager in Microsoft365. Easy right? =)
To put is simple
SCCM is a step-by-step process for managing client workstations, servers and devices, and simplifying the operational management of these environments.
SCCM facilitates the deployment of the exploitations and applications systems, the quarantining of the system, the visibility of IT assets, the release of patches (Microsoft or third party) and finally, the management of the conformity of these systems and the applications.
Deployment and management of Windows 10 are done without difficulty thanks to further improvements, including new functionalities of Windows 10, on-site update of Windows, increased updates frequency, final user unified portal and on-premises mobile devices management (MDM).
The benefits of using SCCM are numerous. It enables users to access company applications from anywhere and any device whilst ensuring protection of company data.
SCCM also facilitates client systems administration and offer enhanced visibility. There is also enhancement options to maintain system compliance. SCCM enables to have an unified IT management infrastructure. This includes protection, various devices and virtual and physical environments management.
Another major benefit of this service is that it is designed to work with Windows 10. Thus, each functionality which is implemented in Windows 10 is supported by System Center Configuration Manager.
Deployment and management of the updates
SCCM helps to ensure the maintenance of the integrity of the computer system without difficulty and makes it possible to identify the vulnerabilities of the software, to rapidly deploy the latest security updates and to control the installation.
Assistants of the updates guide the administrators through the following three steps:
- Deployment of Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, …
- The analysis of the vulnerability of the IT infrastructure and the selection by the administrator of the updates among those proposed.
- Preparation and deployment of updates by all the computers or by user group defined by the administrator.
- Automatic detection of the latest security updates for Windows® systems through “Microsoft Update Services” and “Microsoft Office Services”.
Centralized management of the IT infrastructure
SCCM enables you to manage the changes and configurations thanks to a precise control of IT infrastructure and activity using a distributed and scalable architecture.
It offers the following advantages:
- Reduces the maintenance operations.
- Decrease the response time of the technical assistance.
- Generates comprehensive and customizable reports for each level of decision of the organization.
Deployment and management of applications
Despite an increasing IT infrastructure, organizations have access to a complete and relevant information about their infrastructure in order be able to make suitable decisions in term of profitability and to save on the fixed assets.
- A hardware inventory using Windows® Management Instrumentation (WMI).
- An intelligent software inventory based on environment variables and file properties.
- Accurate measurement of the use of software.
Going further together !
Please do not hesitate to get in touch should you have any question or suggestion. We will be pleased to answer it by email or phone.