System Center Virtual Machine Manager
Whether it’s to host corporate websites or for other specific needs, computer servers are ubiquitous in all businesses around the world (either directly or indirectly). But today, most machines or servers are no longer physical but virtualized for the most part.
In addition, with a rapidly increasing IT needs,the number of servers or virtual machine to be managed is growing steadily.
How do you do to manage and administer all these virtual machines? Are there universal tools that are more suitable than others ? One answer: Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager.
Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM) is a software that is part of the Microsoft System Center suite. SCVMM allows you to centrally manage and administer a large number of virtual machines. SCVMM is indeed able to connect the main types of hypervisors on the market – VMware ESX, Citrix XenServer, Microsoft Hyper-V (R2).
System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager manages your private cloud infrastructure and applications
Establishes a flexible, low-cost infrastructure
Pool and allocate the Datacenter resources.
Administer several hypervisors (Microsoft, VMware, Citrix).
Flexibly delegates while maintaining control.
Provides self-service infrastructure.
Creates and administer standardized application services
Operates standardized applications (SQL Server, Web Deploy, App-V, Scripts).
Simplifies application administration.
Bring existing applications to the cloud.
Optimizes virtualization administration
Optimizes infrastructure based on application needs.
Provides high availability private cloud infrastructure.
Exploit market standards.
Main features of SCVMM
- Deployment and centralized management of VMs
- Smart placement of VMs
- Fast and reliable P2V and V2V conversion
- Integration with Operations Manager reporting
- Rapid provisioning of new VMs through virtual machine templates and profiles
- Centralized library of images
- Reuse existing storage infrastructure
- Self-service portal for virtual machine administration delegation
- Centralized management of virtual machines and virtualization hosts
- Hosts and VMs management from a single console
- PowerShell-based console actions
Going further together !
Please do not hesitate to get in touch should you have any question or suggestion. We will be pleased to answer it by email or phone.