Microsoft Project Serveur
Microsoft Office Enterprise Project Management (EPM)
With Microsoft’s Enterprise Project Management (EPM) solution, manage and coordinate projects more effectively throughout their lifecycle, whether you are completing a one-off assignment or a complex project.
Gain visibility and insight
- The Budget Tracking and Resource Cost features ensure that you will better understand and track financial data.
- The Proposals feature in Microsoft Office Project Web Access manages plans and actions before the project is approved.
- The Activity Plan feature in Microsoft Office Project Web Access enables you to manage activities for processes that continue after the project has ended.
- The Data Reporting service enables users to easily create reports with familiar tools, such as Microsoft Excel.
- Users can create cubes with even more options for analyzing data and creating sophisticated reports.
- Use Microsoft Office Project Portfolio Server to create, analyze and optimize portfolios.
Simple to get started
- For simple task tracking, use the new Project Tasks list in SharePoint Services.
- Two features—Business Models and Project Guide—enable you to set best-practice processes that you will use again and again.
- Use familiar tools like Microsoft Office Outlook for inputting progress data or Excel or Visio Professional for creating dynamic reports.
- Office Project Web Access and project workspaces enable your team to work together online.
- When drawing up project proposals with the Resources Planner, see how high-level resources are allocated.
- Using the Assign Owner feature, team members can update a colleague’s assignment status, not just the person in question.
- Timesheets now cover tax periods, give you new fields for financial data like cost codes, let you account for activities other than task completion and much more.
- The active cache makes it more efficient to transfer data between MS Project Professional and MS Project Server and gives you an improved offline working experience.
- The queuing service checks how server resources are being used, which allows users to optimize performance.
- With server-side planning, users can create a personalized web interface without having to alter the process planning on Office Project Professional.
- The Programmes feature gives you a simple and coordinated way to manage sub-projects within a larger project or a group of inter-dependent projects.
- The Deliverables feature lets you track and manage inter-project dependencies.
Scalable and programmable
- Office Project Server uses the Microsoft .NET Framework to give your developers a more responsive experience.
- As the project scheduling engine has been moved onto the server, you no longer need to install the full winproj.exe file on every computer.
- The event model available in Office Project Server covers using Windows Workflow Foundation to integrate management processes into your project.
- The application programming interface and the Project Server interface display all the features and data needed to integrate your client applications with Office Project Server.